Ok, is there anyone on the planet that doesn’t love the game Plants vs. Zombies?
Plants vs. Zombies Img Src: PopCap Games
Plants beware, there’s a new zombie limping your direction and this time he’s armed with chickens.
That’s right, when it comes to PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies 2: It’s About Time, the sequel to one of the most iconic and addictive mobile games ever released, the game’s design team took the zombies places the plants just didn’t see coming.
David Paul and Jeremy Vanhoozer answer the following questions:
- How much pressure is it trying to live up to the first game’s iconic art style, while at the same time trying to add your own flair to the sequel?
- Is it crazy for you guys to walk around and see plush zombies and toys and even people getting tattoos with the PvZ characters?
- Where do you guys draw your inspiration when creating the new zombie and plant characters in the game?
- How much time is actually spent from thinking up a cool new zombie to drawing it out to actually seeing it moving around in the game?
- You mentioned earlier about the kid practicing his art every night. What advice do you have for aspiring artists who want to break into the video game industry?
- So when Plants vs. Zombies 2 finally comes out, what are some fun things fans of the series can expect that they didn’t see in the first game?
- Do you see all mobile games becoming free in the near future?
DP: You can play about 95-percent of the game for free. You don’t need to pay for anything to complete the game, which is pretty awesome. We are not stingy.
Read the answer to all the questions and full article at Inside Mobile Apps.