Mary Gabriel is a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Horsewoman and Poker Player. She’s no rookie; she’s an up and coming Canadian Pro. Mrs. Mary Gabriel is no stranger to the Canadian Poker Community. This Grandmother from Alberta was in fact number two in Canadian Poker Tour Leader board points second to Canadian Poker Pro and WSOP Championship bracelet winner Mr. Gavin Smith for numerous weeks in a row. Mary currently sits in third after recently being bumped down.Mary is a sponsored Canadian Poker Tour poker player. She is certainly a player to keep on your radar, for she may look innocent, looks in this case are very deceiving. Like a filly pumping at the gates Mary has the drive and motivation to mow down every player in her way on her track to success.
Mary has a very long list of wins. She has played in the ladies event in the WSOP, WSOP Main Event twice and the World Poker Tour at Bellagio in Vegas once (won that 15K seat.) Mary started out the year of 2010 placing 13th in the main event at Casino Abs, CPT event in Edmonton their yearly tournament, and received $1800.00. Then Mary went on to win a sponsorship from the Canadian Poker Tour in January of 2010 out of 58 players across Canada (the top point leaders) played off in Calgary, she won 6th and received that sponsorship for 25K, 1st thru 6th received sponsorships. Then just a week later Mary won the February tournament in Calgary for 60K (was a $760.00 buy in). In March Mary continued her run and placed 3rd in the Yellowhead deep stack CPT and received $5630.00, a week later she then went on to Regina and placed 4th in the main event received $9198.00. After taking a break for a month and a half in May, Mary played at Casino Abs, Argyll Casino in Edmonton deepstack, CPT and placed 2nd receiving $4220.00 then she took another deep run at Argyll in June, placing 2nd for $2950.00. After all that play another break was due, Mary took the summer off till the COPC in Calgary in August. The first $1100 event Mary placed 12th receiving $3550.00.
It is no doubt that this fantastic player is going to be on top of some big games in her future. Mary has proved on numerous occasions she is right where she is supposed to be, she is one of Canada’s leading poker players. Good luck on the felts Mary! May all your cards be monsters and the pots be huge. GLGL!
1) Favorite Food to eat while playing? Favorite food while playing / fruit
2) Drink of Choice? OJ and water
3) Favorite City to play in / Place to Play? Place to play is Vegas/Bellagio
4) Favorite Starting Hand? Starting hand/ 10 J suited
5) Favorite Player/mentors? Daniel Negreanu
6) Good luck charms? Charm/ what ever I have in my purse at the time
7) Give us a tip to share with other players? Never give up, even when your down to your last chip, as they say a chip and a chair and I have witnessed this many time when someone has won a tournament and it has only happened to me once but long time ago. I also believe that you are only as good as the cards u get….be patient and get a lot of rest before and during tournaments and stay confident and do not expect too much of yourself as it will only bring disappointment at the end when things aren’t going your way…
8) Recommended books? Super Systems 1 & 2 Doyle Bronson
9) Do you play online? Where? I do play on line sometimes at Party Poker, Ive tried the other sites and do not like them! I only play for fun when Im bored at home.
10) Favorite Game? NLH tournaments, Pot limit Omaha cash & 7 card stud
– Jenika –
You must be logged in to post a comment.