So before you go into a casino to play BlackJack, you should definitely learn some BlackJack Etiquette and BlackJack Culture.
Here are some of the main ones you should know:
- If you are dealt your cards face up and are not allowed to touch your cards at any time during the game.
- If your cards are dealt face down and you are allowed to handle them
- If you would like a hit, tap or brush your fingers on the table behind your cards.
- If you are satisfied and want to stand just simply wave your hand above your cards. If you are allowed to touch your cards, you can also slide your cards under your bet.
- You are not allowed to touch your bet once the game is in play. Therefore if you wish to double down, place this bet beside your original, not on top.
- If you choose to buy insurance, there is normally an area on the table to make this bet, of not, also place it beside your initial.
- Be kind to other players, common courtesy to respect your fellow players and treat them as you would like to be treated
- Respect the dealer and treat the dealer good. If he/she is dealing you a losing streak for example, don’t take it out on them, they are just doing their job. And it is also common courtesy to tip, or in casino talk, to “toke” the dealer. If you’ve been playing for a while and quit while you’re on top, you should give the dealer a little something before you leave the table.
- If you don’t know what blackjack etiquette to use, never be afraid to ask the casino staff.
For more on BlackJack Etiquette and BlackJack Culture be sure to stay connect for more of our future article. Good luck on the BlackJack Table. Do you want to learn the rules of BlackJack for how to win? Check out the link.